Monday, April 1, 2013

Single Mother


It’s Monday morning and God has awakened me, not my alarm.  I’m feeling congested and not even able to raise my head.  I’m sick.  I start talking to God saying; the problem today Lord is that I can’t be sick.  I have too much to do and no one else here to help me.  I can’t be sick today, I must make breakfast for the children, take care of my child’s runny nose, help them with their clothing, take them to school, and I can’t miss work because I can’t afford to lose the pay.  There is no one else to do these chores.  It's only me Lord.
 
By now, I start to cry because I have to get up, it doesn’t matter how bad I feel.  I have to push myself beyond this illness.  Father, please help me is my prayer.  The tears are flowing down my face in streams because truly I can’t be sick.   My child had a fever a couple of days ago and now he is crying as I awaken him.  Ah, don’t tell me he is sick too.  I know I can’t do all these things but I have to take care of us.   I’m a Single Mother.
 
Dear Father in Heaven today is the day that You have created and I will rejoice and be glad in it. I know that there are many blessings in store for me.  Obeying You is better than sacrifice.  So I cast these cares upon You because I know You love me when no one else does.  Give me guidance, direction; show me what to do and how to do it.  Your Words says  My thoughts are not Your thoughts, neither our my ways, Your ways......Help me to be wise today.  In the mighty name of Jesus.  Amen.

No comments:

Post a Comment